Statistics, Financial Math and MCS Diploma and Awards Ceremony
Sunday, June 14
12:30 -- 1:30pm
Math Corner & Lomita Grove
Reception to follow from 1:30 to 3:30pm
>>Deadline to apply to graduate is April 10th by 5pm<<
Stats/FinMath/MCS Diploma and Awards Ceremony Walkthrough Petition
Minimum Requirements for Eligibility:
- Undergraduates should have at least 160 units toward graduation and have department/school approval.
- MA/MS students should have completed at least 36 units and department/school approval.
- PhD students should have completed their oral defense and have department/school approval.
This is a petition to attend the department Commencement Ceremony on June 14th. This is NOT an application to graduate nor is it a petition to withdraw an application to graduate. The deadline to submit the department walkthrough petition and have your name on the Ceremony program is June 1st. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- UG & MS Students: Please complete the petition form and return to the Student Services Officer, Caroline Gates, cgates AT stanford.edu or Sequoia Hall, Room 127.
- PhD Students: Please complete the petition form and return to the Student Services Manager, susiele AT stanford.edu or Sequoia Hall, Room 222.
Caps and Gowns
- The online order deadline for cap and gown RENTAL for both Students and Faculty is Friday, May 30th.
- For those who miss the May 30th online ordering deadline, "open stock" will be available beginning Monday, June 1st. Online orders will be available for in-store pick up from the Bookstore textbook department, lower level, or will be shipped beginning Friday, May 15th.
General Ceremony Information
Location: The department ceremony will take place right outside of Sequoia Hall in the grove between Sequoia and Math Corner.
Time: Graduates and guests generally arrive from the University's ceremony at 11:45am. Everyone should be seated by 12:15pm. The ceremony will begin at 12:30pm and last until approximately 1:30pm.
Graduates Seating: All graduates will be seated in groups by program/degree in the section directly in front of and to the side of the stage. Upon arrival at the grove, please look for chairs that have a "reserved for graduates" sign on them; there is no assigned seating (e.g., by last name).
General Seating/Tickets: Tickets are not required, and there is no reserved seating for your guests; however, they may wish to arrive early for best seat selection. We will have plenty of seating and refreshments for you and all of your guests.
Disability-Related Accommodations: Information about disability accommodations and special requests is available at the Commencement web site.
Cap and Gown: Be sure to pick up your cap and gown at the Stanford Bookstore lower level, textbooks floor; they will be available for pick-up until Commencement.
Reception: The department will provide catered refreshments after the diploma and awards ceremony beginning at 1:30pm.
Photography: There will be no professional photography at the event, but there will be a photography area for your family and friends to take photos if they wish.
Restrooms: Sequoia Hall will be open from 10am to 5pm on Sunday.
University Commencement Ceremony