Industrial Affiliates Annual Conference
The Annual Industrial Affiliates Conference will be attended by IA Program Members, Statistics Department Faculty and Graduate Students. Affiliates will have an opportunity to meet the students and faculty, and will give a short presentation: a 20-minute, informal talk that introduces the speaker and the company, and then gives a picture of statistics within that company.
Sometimes this is an outline of the role of statistics in the organization, or it could be a discussion of one statistical problem of particular interest to them. A speaker who is a statistician might describe how he or she came to be interested in their industry, and non-statisticians might describe how they came to be interested in our field.
This one-day event is intended to be informative and fun; our previous meetings have been!
9:00am Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Art Owen, Industrial Affiliates Co-Director
9:10am Session 1 Chair: Guenther Walther
- Alexandra Chouldechova, doctoral student
- Su Chen & Jeremy Shen, Two Sigma Investments
- Matan Gavish, doctoral student
10:25am Coffee Break
10:50am Session 2 Chair: Jacqueline Meulman
- Vineet Singh, Intuit
- Jingshu Wang, doctoral student
- Jerry Shan & Rohit Tandon, HP
1:00pm Session 3 Chair: Trevor Hastie
- Donal McMahon, Google
- Qingyuan Zhao, doctoral student
- Bradley Klingenberg, Stitch Fix
- Weijie Su, doctoral student
2:40pm Coffee Break
3:05pm Session 4 Chair: John Chambers
- Jian Shen, CASH Dynamic Opportunities Investment
- Stefan Wager, doctoral student
- Eric Bax, Yahoo!
4:20pm Closing Remarks: Art Owen