IWSM2015: A Celebration of the 70th Birthday of Tze Leung Lai
IWSM2015 is the Fifth International Workshop in Sequential Methodologies, held from June 22 to 24, 2015, at Columbia University in the City of New York.
The workshop covers all aspects of sequential methodologies in mathematical statistics and information theory from theoretical developments in optimal stopping, sequential analysis, and change detection to different applications in mathematical finance, quality control, clinical trials, and signal and image processing, among others. The goal of the workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners from all areas within sequential methodologies. Moreover, IWSM2015 will celebrate the 70th birthday of Professor Tze Leung Lai of Stanford University.
- Hock Peng Chan, National University of Singapore
- Edit Gombay, University of Alberta
- Igor Nikiforov, University of Technology of Troyes
In addition to the plenary lectures, the Workshop will present speakers in parallel sessions that cover the following topics:
- Sequential and adaptive design of clinical trials and other sequential methods in biostatistics;
- Sequential change-point detection, quality control and surveillance, sequential methods in signal processing and sensor networks;
- Sequential estimation, testing, ranking and selection, optimal stopping and stochastic control, applications to finance and economics, and related topics in statistics.